Baaad bad matchmaking

• So I've played around 15 games so far, whereas I've won only 2 of them.
    The Cards I got from the Tutorial didn't help that much so my Decks are still the starter ones.
    The Opponents I play against have ~3-4 Gold cards in their decks, lots of silver ones
    - overall better cards. (and already tactis!!!) Sometimes I got close to winning, but most of the games I get crushed.

I guess the matchmaking works around the level the player is so if people buy kegs early this can be exploited.

It's rly no fun playing like this, sadly
  • Quote Originally Posted by Zervok View Post
    So I've played around 15 games so far, whereas I've won only 2 of them.
    The Cards I got from the Tutorial didn't help that much so my Decks are still the starter ones.
    The Opponents I play against have ~3-4 Gold cards in their decks, lots of silver ones
    - overall better cards. (and already tactis!!!) Sometimes I got close to winning, but most of the games I get crushed.

I guess the matchmaking works around the level the player is so if people buy kegs early this can be exploited.

It's rly no fun playing like this, sadly
    Matchmaking takes time to calibrate, the more you play the better match-ups you should find
  • Quote Originally Posted by zkenpachiz View Post
    If the calibration is taking 20-30 matches to start getting reasonable results, that's a big problem, I think.

If each match takes around 15 minutes, a new player, currently, have to endure at least 5 hours of frustration to start having a good gaming experience.
    I'm not sure of how many casual players would grind through it, especially because they don't know if it will get better any time soon. If they keep losing and getting no reward for playing for 3-4 hours, they might think the game is not worthy of their time.

Most games have an "easy" start with low rewards, then, progressively, gets harder with bigger rewards. That's a gaming model that works for a reason, it's friendly to new players, it doesn't scare them away.

I don't know how to do it, but it must be a way to make the game more enjoyable for new players.
    From the data we see it is enjoyable for new players.

I'm sorry certain people are having a bad experience, but once ranked mode is introduced a lot of higher skilled players will migrate to only playing there.

Also having proper matchmaking after such a short period isn't realistic. The game has just started and there's no such defined high, medium or low MMR.. because that is being defined by players. We can't set arbitrary numbers that would defeat the point of what we're trying to accomplish