Brief Summary of Build
This is the deck that my friend FluxOdyssey and I created together to reach 4000 MMR.
4000 MMR proof: https://gyazo.com/cc36a4243abd75302761d837ce6b361b
4000 MMR proof: https://imgur.com/a/aezLL
This deck aims to find a middle ground between a full movement and a full weather deck by combining a bit of both. We felt that sometimes focusing too much on one archetype would cause the deck to lose in certain match-ups entirely and therefore decided to create a hybrid version. Furthermore, to counteract the main weakness of Movement-based decks, Eskel serves as the deck's premium removal. Overall, this deck's main purpose is for strong tempo plays with plenty of comeback mechanics.
If you have any questions about the deck, feel free to leave a comment below. FluxOdyssey or I will answer you whenever we can.
Blue Mountain Commando > Dwarven Agitator
Opponent Plays Golden Weather > Ida Emean
Dol Blathanna Marksman > Repeat If Possible > Zoltan Chivay / Geralt: Aard
Brouver Hoog > Ciaran / Ida Emean / Yaevinn / Barclay Els
Always Mulligan Away:
- Blue Mountain Commando (If you have more than 1)
- Dwarven Mercenary (To ensure they remain in your deck to proc from Dwarven Agitator)
Always Mulligan In Order To Find The Following Cards:
The goal of this deck is to make as many tempo plays as possible in Round 1 in order to win. You will then most of the time dry pass Round 2 unless you feel like you are against a match up that you believe it is better to extend Round 2 as long as possible. If you do plan to extend Round 2, make sure you are able to do so while finishing on even cards or with card advantage. The reason for this is that you will want to use Yaevinn Round 3 in order to get double card advantage.
Usually, you will want to start Round 1 by thinning your deck by playing a Blue Mountain Commando. Follow that up with Dwarven Agitator unless your opponent played a card with a very strong effect that unless removed or locked quickly can go out of control. In that case, you should use Eskel or Ciaran to destroy it as soon as possible.
- Ida Emean = Use to clear a golden weather or near the end of the round to deal 12 damage from Overdose.
- Yarpen Zigrin = This card can be played either early Round 1 or Round 2 from Barclay Els for good power in Round 3.
- Ciaran = This silver should ONLY be used to lock units with powerful effects. Do not use it simply to move a unit unless it is really necessary in order to win the Round.
- Yaevinn = Generally use this in Round 3 in order to gain double card advantage. If this is your plan, feel free to put back one of your special cards in order to prevent drawing one card that you might not want to draw, such as your last Dwarven Mercenary.
- Barclay Els = Use him in Round 1 if you played Yarpen Zigrin first for huge tempo plays. Play him in Round 2-3 if you already played a few dwarves in order to try and get Yarpen Zigrin if you're lucky.
- Merigold's Hailstorm = You will usually use this in Round 3 in order to win your match. Generally it should only be used on the row with the most minions. There may be certain situations where it is better to use Round 1, such as an extremely long Round 1, but use your best judgement.
- Geralt: Aard = Use this card to remove vital cards in combo with Dol Blathanna Marksman for an insane amount of damage. It may also be used to stack a row above in preparation for Merigold's Hailstorm. Focus your damage on golden enemy cards if they have been boosted by a lot.
- Eskel = Try to use this card only to remove insanely powerful cards combo. Use your judgement based on who you are playing against. For example, removing Kaedweni Siege Support from a Henselt player may be a good idea to disrupt their main combo. Only use to remove a large non-combo minion such as your own Yaevinn if it is Round 3 and you believe there would be no better target.
- Zoltan Chivay = This is your main row stacking card in preparation for Merigold's Hailstorm. It may be used in combination with Dol Blathanna Marksman as well, but it is not as effective as Geralt: Aard at doing so. Only do so if you believe it is vital to in order to separate some of your opponent's units in order to get max value from your Drought.
- Drought = Use your golden weather only when you are able to deal damage to 2-3 rows at once so that at least you are able to deal a bit of damage before they possibly use Clear Skies. If they have already used a First Light, play this card soon afterwards to force them to waste another and their deck cycling will be usually be gone afterwards.
Note that some of these replacements I have not tested so I do not completely know how well they would work. However, if you are saving scraps to craft the other cards, I think these would be the best replacements.
Zoltan Chivay > Drought > Geralt: Aard > Eskel
Merigold's Hailstorm > Yaevinn > Ciaran > Ida Emean > Barclay Els > Yarpen Zigrin
Like this Deck?
Let us know what you think about this deck by giving it a rating!