Brief Summary of Build
-- Spell'ateal --
Hey guys, Netherworld here and i'm back with the latest version of Spell'ateal i've been working on. As some of you might know i really love the Spell ST "archetype" and i'm constantly trying out new versions. I recently came up with this version of the deck wich i think is the strongest one yet, hence me putting out a small guide for it now.
Here are some statistics from me playing the deck in the Top 100 of Pro Ladder yesterday, keep in mind i was facing lots of very good/known opponents that are ranked highly every season.
If you want to check out the VOD you can do so on my twitch channel: Gameplay Video
- Added Shupe, Dagon, Soldiers & Foltest to the matchup section.
Sorry for lack of updates, but i managed to reach 1400+fmmr like a week ago with this list. For people not familiar with Pro Ladder, when i reached this score i was one of 3 people that had a higher score than 1400 on ST. A lot of other high pro players started to pick up on the deck and are now playing the list as well, one guy i know also managed to reach 1400+fmmr with it a couple days back.
- Golden Froth - Half Elf Hunter - 1x Mahakam Ale
+ 1x Thunder + 1x Farseer + 1x Recon
Since the list got popular people started playing around Golden Froth really well, also having only 1 Thunder in the deck made it so if you have to thunder (sometimes you are forced to) then that means your Ithlinne is 100% having to cast Golden Froth later and that's really bad if you manage to find her later on in shorter rounds, 2 Thunder 2 Ale 2 Recon is what i'm using now and having the best results with
-Keep 1 Sentry, blacklist the others.
-Mulligan Ithlinne targets
-Kick Farseer to ADC him out
- - Dry Pass on Blue
- - Hold out a bit with playing Farseer untill they played at least 1 or 2 Viper Witchers
- - Save Garrison for R3 and use it to create Assire and shuffle back his Ointment targets (Witchers). Then depending on hand and amount of ointments he played you can leader for another Garrison and put back 2 additional targets, or shuffle spells back to your deck that you can then Nature's Gift out, it's a really versitile card, use your mind here and think everything through! Garrison/Double Garrison single handedly won me games against Alchemy, also if you miss Assire and hit Guardian it's good as well since then his Poet/Vilge will always find a 6pt card.
- - Double Artifact Compression Longships, bricks Corsairs and makes his engines not able to develop, then use Thunders accordingly to kill growing Greatswords. Note: This is how you should play the matchup 80-90% of the time, there are times where it's better to use AC on a Greatsword or on a big Djenge, it depends on how the match plays out.
- - Garrison a silver or bronze unit so your Aglais can Restore it later, saving Garrison to create a longship to hit the Harald skull is also something that should be considered
DAGON / DEATHWISH
- - Try to stall out the game as long as possible without trying to lose card advantage, going into a short R3 is the goal
- - This is one of the matchups where i actually would like to get double Farseer on the board in the first round, if you're red coin he will dry pass so you're always fighting for card advantage. He has a lot of point generation with weather/Archespore or moonlight, depending on the deck you're facing. Having 2 Farseers on the board kind of "negates" these points since you will be gaining 4pts a turn. Make sure to, if you're playing a Farseer from hand, play it at a time where a simple Cyclops won't just remove it
- - Garrison early can be really good in this matchup, if you manage to create an engine (Archespore/Weather) or a Cyclops to remove an engine that's very good for us. When playing Garrison always consider all options you might be getting and decide from there if you want to play the card.
- - If you have compression in hand at the start or easy acces to it, i'd like to AC the first Archespore immedeatly, it's just a 5 point AC but considering the length the round will go it will also save you 1 damage each turn, and that's a lot since we're really fighting in this matchup to stay ahead and keep our card. I find AC on the D'Ao is generally not worth it since they will have acces to a second one and that means you have to use leader to AC again, most of the times we cannot afford to do that, tempo wise and point wise, since Eithné can be a solid 20-30point play later
- - If they dry pass you on blue, i'd like to dry pass back in R2 and go to a long R3 immedeatly unless my hand is really bad. The reason for this is that their Spy doesn't give 100% acces to Shupe and they require to thin their deck to find shupe consistently, by going to early R3 you have a very decent chance they won't find acces to their Shupe. Only thing to be careful of now is weather.
- - Note that this is a very hard matchup for Spellateal because of the Mardroeme/Sage/Triss, a simple Mardroeme deletes your big Sentry immedeatly, that's why its bad to play a short R3 vs this deck, since in a short round you rely on your Sentries to win, but he can just remove all of them (or at least 2) with Mardroeme's , thats why playing a long round vs this deck is good, since then you have other win conditions that can win you the game (Farseers and other high point cards like Ithlinne).
- - Garrison Early in the most important round to find Vaedermaker or Ida, i have found these 9 out of 10 times since it will almost always show at least one silver. This is also one of the matchups where i often use Eithné to recast Garrison, that to either create weather or create a weather clear when i'm in a long R3 and he casted double weather.
- - Other than that this is probably one of the hardest matchups for
This is another matchup where you can deny their whole strategy. Try to find Triss in your opening hand, if you do, try to find Mardroeme with her and banish the first non doomed soldier. Now you can recast Mardroeme with Sage and banish the second one, then you can either Aglais Mardroeme or Compression the third one, this should win you the game. If you don't find Triss you still have the option to double AC
As of typing this i'm out of time and have to head out, i've had a lot of people ask me about the Foltest matchup so i will get to this soon, i'd like to post a video of a game where i play against Foltest and also a really good player (Santtu2x),
Game vs Santtu2x: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/291363566?t=01h53m11s
Note: I made a big mistake this game, i kind of wasted my Aglais in R3 for a really low value weather
Another game vs a High ranked player: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/291363566?t=02h05m15s
--AGUARA HIGHLIGHT COLLECTION--
Here I will be posting clips/highlights of Aguara True Form and showcase the power of this card
More to follow..
So if you're really against Aguara here are some other cards that can be played:
- Consistent 14-16pt play. Can sometimes remove an engine from your opponent and give you extra value. Against non engine decks it's just a 16pt play at most, and that's not great for a gold card imo, hence why i don't like to play Muzzle myself. And again this card is often only good in R1, like you're never happy finding Muzzle in a short R3, now compare this to Aguara wich can be amazing if you find her in a short R3 because the possibilities are so big.
Triss: Telekinesis Decent but the creates are random as well and can sometimes even be pretty useless. The main use for her is probably recon, if you find it, and then again i normally don't have any problems finding all my sentries or not being able to thin enough. I'ts a good card, but not as good as Aguara.
Renew - Tried this as well, can be good but too situational, like Renew on Aglais can be amazing but then you need to meet a lot of conditions. 1. Have Aglais in hand R1/R2 , 2. Being able to actually cast a spell from your opponents GY etc. Renew on Ithlinne can happen sometimes but unlikely because of only running 1 thunder and 1 froth. So most of the time you are using Renew on Isengrim, decent but often not amazing. Also i like to have golds that i can just play if i want/need to and Renew is not one of those cards, it can be stuck in your hand as a dead card a lot of the time. So the end verdict: Probably only amazing if you can renew aguara, otherwise not.
Uma's Curse - Might as well play Aguara then
Like this Deck?
Let us know what you think about this deck by giving it a rating!