Check out episode 2 of A Round of Gwent featuring Pawel and Ash joined by Sebastian McBride and Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz to talk about Gwent Thronebreaker!
- The story of the Nilfgaardian invasion during the second Nilfgaardian war
- Travel the lands and build up your army
- Familiar and new places from the Witcher universe
- Takes place before the Witcher games
- You will find items, currencies and Premium cards
- Loot system
- Similar "hand drawn" art style to the story boards during the Witcher 3
- Different narrator than the Witcher 3, secret for now
- They are planning on having a single player campaign for all of the factions
- Plenty of familiar characters from the games and books, but also new characters
- Choices you make will impact the story and have different outcomes, you will have to replay the story to get the full experience
- A lot of side quests
- All the battles will happen as games of Gwent, as well as a lot of puzzle type games of Gwent like the Battle of the Bards in the Mahakam Ale Festival
- You build and upgrade your camp where you can recruit new units, and equip different gear on your character. Improving the camp gives you access to better cards "units".
- Since Thronebreaker is single player they can make overpowered and fun cards that would not be possible in multiplayer