Check out the full patchnotes of today's patch below! Additionally, with today's update another Faction Challenge has started: Monsters vs Skellige. The event has a new bonus this time: After the winner is known, all cards in the 'Choose 1 of 3' part of the Keg opening will be Premium if the card is from the winning faction for one week.
The following cards will have increased value for milling for 3 days following the release of the patch – until Friday, May 25th, 12 PM CEST (noon):
Olgierd von Everec
The new update for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game is now available on PC, Xbox One and PS4!
With this update, our main focus was to change cards with the Create ability, as well as to adjust the Swap mechanic. Detailed update overview can be found here.
Full list of changes:
- Swap abilities no longer trigger during redraw phases, so Swap's definition has been changed to: Move a card from hand to deck and draw another in its place during your turn.
- Provocation (Black Blood) ability has changed to: Create any Bronze Necrophage or Vampire and boost it by 2.
- Doppler's ability has changed to: Spawn a random Bronze unit from your faction.
- Olgierd von Everec's ability has changed to: Deathwish: Resurrect this unit on a random row.
- Olgierd von Everec's power changed from 9 to 5.
- Devana Runestone will now be able to Create both Silver and Bronze cards.
- Stribog Runestone will now be able to Create both Silver and Bronze cards.
- Zoria Runestone will now be able to Create both Silver and Bronze cards.
- Winch's ability has changed to: Boost all Machine units on your side by 3.
- Dun Banner's ability has changed to: If you are losing by more than 25 on turn start, Summon this unit to a random row.
- Morana Runestone will now be able to Create both Silver and Bronze cards.
- Elven Scout's ability has changed to: Swap a card.
- Elven Scout's power changed from 1 to 10.
- Wardancer's ability will no longer trigger during redraw phases.
- Vrihedd Vanguard's ability will no longer trigger during redraw phases.
- Brouver Hoog's ability has changed to: Play a non-Spying Silver unit or Bronze Dwarf from your deck.
- Dazhbog Runestone will now be able to Create both Silver and Bronze cards.
- Slave Driver's ability has changed to: Set an ally's power to 1 and deal damage to an enemy by the amount of power lost.
- Slave Driver's power changed from 1 to 10.
- Fixed an issue whereby Alpha Werewolf's ability was triggered by Full Moon on the opponent's side.
- Fixed an issue whereby it was impossible to Spawn a unit on a full board despite the fact that the unit was Spawned as the result of an ability that destroyed another unit on the board first.
- Fixed an issue whereby cards could be redrawn before the redraw screen appeared.
- Fixed a visual glitch that appeared when hovering the cursor over an opponent's Spying unit whose ability had not yet resolved.
- Vabjorn's tooltip now accurately states that he can only damage enemies.
Join the ferocious Monsters or the proud warriors of Skellige and show your strength throughout a week of intense skirmishes – that’s right, a new Faction Challenge begins!
The most loyal supporters of both factions will be rewarded:
But that’s not all – as an additional reward, we’re introducing a Faction Premium Keg Week! After the Faction Challenge ends on May 29th, 12 PM CEST (noon), each 5th card in the opened kegs will be automatically upgraded to Premium if it belongs to the winning faction. As an example, if the armies of bloodthirsty Monsters win the Challenge, every Monsters card that you will see in the “Choose 1 out of 3” part of the keg opening, will be Premium. The event will last till Monday, June 4th, 12 PM CEST (noon) and will affect all players, regardless of whether they participated in the Faction Challenge or not.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Go into the Faction Challenge tile located in the in-game News section.
- Choose one of the two warring factions you wish to support: Monsters or Skellige.
- Play and win games with your faction across Casual, Ranked and Pro Ladder modes to unlock faction rewards.
- Games won before committing to a specific faction will not count toward your challenge progress.
- Your challenge progress is determined by wins against all factions: those participating (Monsters, Skellige) and not participating (Scoia'tael, Northern Realms, Nilfgaard) in the challenge.
- Playing games via friend challenge or in the Arena will not count toward your challenge progress.
- After reaching a milestone, you will immediately receive a corresponding reward.
- Information about your completed milestones can be found in the in-game Notifications tab (Social Panel).